Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Random Snacking

While grocery shopping after school today (I hadn't had lunch and my tummy was growling) I happened to be in the canned goods isle. There I saw canned soy beans, not too exciting, but then... a thought! What if I made my own soy nuts? Different flavors? Homemade? How can it go wrong. So, promptly, I purchased two cans to do my worst with.

Asian Soy Nuts (Awkward sounding name, perhaps I should rename them)

2 cans soy beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp dry ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp onion powder

Mix all in bowl. Spread out on foil lined sheet pan in single layer. Bake at 250*F for approximately 3 hours. I kept checking mine every 30 mins to stir them.

They come out nice and crunchy lightly salty for a perfect snack. Yay random thoughts, this one was good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment