Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hopkins the (Spoiled Rotten Whiney) Cat

Well, the time has come again for me to say goodbye to my hubby for a little trip. He's only gone two weeks, and in that two weeks I'm going to spend time with our son cleaning the house, putting together a new bunk bed, decorating for Christmas, shopping for Christmas presents, shopping for more food, and preparing for four more wonderful people to move into our little abode. So, amidst all the stress, it will now be me who is the first one up in the house and I will feed our cat, Hopkins.


Let me describe the morning with Hopkins.... at five forty five he wakes up to realize that he hasn't been fed yet, at six he is walking over our torsos while we lay in bed, at six fifteen he starts in on the chorus of meows to let us know he is here, at six thirty he starts running from our bedroom to his food bowl and back to the bed to pounce on us. At that last point is when I give in... and he gets his food. Here is where he is the most spoiled cat in the world: he will only drink out of  a human glass of water, and eat out of a kitchen bowl. So, every morning, we fill a small glass with purified water, put two or three ice cubes in it, fill "his" bowl with food and let him have at it. I just happened to look at it this morning and realize that he is the most spoiled rottenest cat, but he's lovable so it's all worth it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. He reminds me of Grandpa and Grandma Pierson's dog, Pip. She has to have a PERFECTLY clean bowl or she won't eat. I mean, clean like sterilized. :) So different from Hopkin's Aunt Sophie!

    ReplyDelete