Friday, November 26, 2010

A Day of Thanks

I was mostly thankful that I made most of the food for Thanksgiving the day before, and all I had to do was bake everything off. The actual day of Thanksgiving was very relaxing and I only spent 1/2 hour in the kitchen. We all had the day off, relaxed and played games and ate. Eric was on call at the hospital, but he didn't have to go in once during the day so that was nice too. It was Ray's first thanksgiving with me, so I made so much food because I didn't know what his favorites were. :P

We had: orange glazed ham, herb roasted hen, mashed potatoes, yams, green bean casserole, sage stuffing, hot rolls and chicken gravy. Dessert was: apple cozy, pecan pie and pumpkin pie all with fresh whipped cream. Oh! It was a FEAST!

What a happy Thanksgiving.....
cut by the pumpkin can lid..... the only Thanksgiving injury

apple cozy before baking

baked desserts (I ran out of pie dishes)

hot Thanksgiving feast food

MMMMMMmmmmmm roasted hen

Eric and Ray

All of us

The Thanksgiving table

No comments:

Post a Comment