Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thou Shalt Not Predict.....

I'm pretty sure that's the eleventh commandment that Moses accidentally rubbed off the bottom of the tablets... but then that also might be sacrilege to say. This evening at seven forty-five I was finally taking my last break at work. I called my husband, as I usually do on break, to let him know that the day was almost over and I should have no issues leaving work on time and being home at 8:15 with dessert...

Bad bad bad idea to say. Maybe it was a jinx, if you believe in those things, or maybe God just had the idea to not have me predict anymore plans. At seven fifty-five one of my cashiers decided to, with much profanity, tell a customer where to go. Alas, there went me going home on time. I pulled said cashier off the register, promptly took her to the management office (kinda like going to the Principal's office) and proceeded to write her up. All said, this took about twenty minutes. After, I needed to let other management know what had happened, which took another five or so minutes. Then, I got stopped by someone who needed to know where electric blankets were... sigh.

At 8:40 I was at the drive-thru for McDonald's getting my dinner and dessert for my boys.... I walked through my door just shy of 9pm. So much for being on time...

No comments:

Post a Comment