Thursday, November 18, 2010

Broken Blenders and Broccoli Soup

it was yet another day at work when i wanted to crawl under a table and suck my thumb. after work it started snowing and slushing outside on the road, so the cold wasn't helping my mood. i was an hour late picking up ray at school, so he was a little ray-cicle too. so, being me, and realizing that food solves everything, i decided to make broccoli cheese soup with home-made croutons to put on top.
a PERFECT winter cold meal that would take away the chills, headaches and tired feet of the day. at four thirty i began to make my soup... putting broccoli, all sorts of good herbs and spices and a little love into it. the croutons were baking, perfect! it smelled DELICIOUS... and tasted good too. ready to blend, i got out my trusty blender, put a tiny bit in to test that everything worked. AND IT DID! delicious home-made soup was just five minutes away.... i had such a migraine at that point too, i couldn't wait for family sit down time in the chilly weather. i put the soup in the blender....... and then it happened. BOOM! broccoli soup EVERYWHERE! i dropped everything stopped and burst into tears. eric came over, gave me a hug, put me on the couch, and discovered that the blender bottom had split in two.
 he cleaned up the kitchen, put the soup that hadn't exploded into the fridge, and promptly ordered chinese.
 so, i still got my soup (even though it was won ton), my headache went away and eric is buying a new blender for me today. we will see if the soup is still as good today....

1 comment:

  1. oh no!
    big time brownie points, eric (:
    let us know if it was still as amazing as it sounds... mmmm croutons...

    ReplyDelete