Sunday, October 2, 2011

You're never sure what might be fun

I have no pictures for this blog, mostly because I know that I would be disowned. I have been slowly weaning my older boys off video games, but they were bored today. So... enter the craft store. Their dad has been making candles as his hobby lately, and I love the fact that my house finally smells good. The boys, however, made a huge stink over how "gay" it was for him to do crafts.

Well, today, my two oldest boys are sitting at the kitchen table. One is making a bead necklace (because, hey it's cool if you make it for a girl) and the other is painting a wooden lizard that he found. I am genuinely surprised that for this entire evening, not one XBOX or computer game has been played. And, if the only concession is that I have to listen to really bad loud music, I'll take it. :) It's so nice to see them doing something creative.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's important to turn off all the various screens sometimes, huh. I do that a lot with my kids. I agree with you...I'd rather hear loud music than see them staring at a computer or tv screen! You are a good mama. :)

    ReplyDelete