Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy 17th Birthday Ray


Boys, pretending to talk so they don't have to look at the camera. :)



Ray's birthday was actually yesterday, but our family had a couple issues with having a family dinner at home yesterday. So, we planned the party for today. In this family, on your birthday you choose the menu. Whatever you want. Ray chose salmon, risotto (rice in cream of mushroom soup, he calls it), Caesar salad and french bread. For dessert he wanted a blueberry cheesecake. So... I made them all. :)


I'm not normally pictured in family events, but I didn't want the cheesecake to slide so Eric took the pictures



gonna blow out the candles

We did presents today. Grandma sent Ray a wonderful quilt. He was so excited he exclaimed "YAY! Now my blanket isn't white anymore!"

Reading quilt inscription from grandma and grandpa

This is the quilt his great-grandma made for him. How perfect! Great color choice!

Today was a lot of fun, good times, and good food. Now I'm tired and gonna nap.

The nap, of  course comes after they set off the birthday poppers that I got them. :) Noisy little buggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment