Friday, September 2, 2011

Well Ma'am, You ARE Sick.

But, we have no idea what is wrong with you. That is what the doctor told me Thursday afternoon when I went in for a mono follow up appointment. I have apparently been mis-diagnosed with mono. The doctor did a plethora of new tests and lung x-rays.

She declared that I have bronchitis... to which I said, "Um, I have none of the symptoms of bronchitis, and I've had it before."
Then, she changed her mind after hearing that... "You, ma'am, have walking pneumonia."
"Uh, I do? Are you sure?"
"Well, your chest x-ray is not positive for pneumonia, but I think that's what it is."
"Riiiight, ok."
"Well, you ARE definately sick, but I'm not sure what's really wrong with you. Come back next week, and take these pills. Hopefully you'll feel better."

I'm really beginning to have faith in my doctors. Anyway, mono is out... walking pneumonia is in. Hopefully these "miracle pills" will let me finally get better after over a month of being sick. Either way, I still get to go back to the doctor to find out another thing I don't have. Sigh, at least they're honest.

1 comment: