Thursday, February 10, 2011

Washer and Dryer Redeux

So I got my washer and dryer... and they came and connected it, kind of. They said that they had to glue a bit and to wait about 10 mins before we did any laundry. Me, being me, decided to let the glue set for 4 hours.

Michelle was going to be the one to get her laundry first. She put in the load and we walked away. I had forgotten to take out the trash, thank God. Michelle followed me back into the kitchen as I grabbed the trash, where she soon discovered a pool in our kitchen. There was about 1 inch of water across the kitchen floor.

We tried to get ahold of the washer company, thinking it was the glue on the pump that was the issue. However, when Eric took off the cover to the washer, we discovered the real problem. They hadn't hooked up ANY hose in the washer so the water was just flowing out of the faucet onto the floor. Poor Eric, he was livid, then he had to fix it. We didn't have a pair of pliers that worked, so a 10 minute job turned into a 45 min job. I finally ran next door and borrowed a pair from our very nice neighbors, and it was fixed.

Water ALL OVER the floor, every towel in the house was in use

Michelle and I wringing out the towels in the kitchen sink

Eric starting the 10 min job

Standing in a pool of COLD COLD water

30 mins in

He called in Todd to help

They finally got pliers and fixed it well

All works well now, however, not the way you want your first load of laundry to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment