Monday, June 27, 2011

Darn You Food Network!

So there we were, enjoying our evening watching a competition show about ribs on the Food Network. As we continued to watch, my mind was telling me how much I wanted to enjoy some BBQ as well. When I voiced this opinion it was met with a hearty "YES PLEASE" from both Eric and Ray. We haven't had BBQ in months due to the sugar and fat in it. But, because the Food Network showed those people enjoying it so much, I figured it was ok to do. :)

The next day I went to the store to grab a couple slabs of spare ribs. (Much cheaper and more flavor than baby back ribs) I came home, slathered some rub on 'em, grilled 'em, baked 'em, slathered some sauce on 'em, and ooooh did our house smell good. Just to round out the southern feel of the meal I made some greens and corn on the cob too. It was delish!

Done and soooo tender

Southern plate fit for a king

Eric's so excited we got BBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment