Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

I love holidays... I don't care if it's Flag Day, it's an excuse to make a holiday meal. This time I made a herb roasted chicken, savory smashed sweet potatoes, gravy and sauteed green beans for Eric's Father's Day feast. It was a beautiful meal, but by the time I realized to take a picture of it... it was just a chicken carcass and some empty plates.
I did, however, also make dessert. Root beer floats and ice-cream sandwiches on oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made day of. Oh that was good. (For those of you who know I'm perpetually on a diet... it was diet root beer, sugar free ice cream, and the cookies... well those were just a treat)
Anyway, it was a happy Father's day all around.
root beer floats and nummy ice-cream sammiches

No comments:

Post a Comment