Friday, June 24, 2011

One Year

This morning the alarm went of at 4:20am. My husband does not wake up like normal people, wait, let me take that back. I do not wake up like normal people do. I am an awake person. Once you nudge me, or an alarm goes of, I'm UP and ready to take on the day! Needless to say, I've never met anyone who likes to sing Disney songs as much as I do right when I wake up.
But, I digress, you're probably wondering why I'm talking about this morning in particular. Well, one year ago today, I woke up as unmarried me, and went to sleep as married me. In that year things have changed significantly. I've moved from Kansas to Georgia, Eric has gone TDY to Alaska and South Carolina, my sister-in-law and her 3 boys moved in with us, then everyone left. Now we are just us again.
I have to say that this time around it was done right. I married my best friend, a wonderful man who accepts me for who I am and loves me just the way I am... even if I do pop out of bed singing Disney songs and cleaning house. :)
Married in the Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, CO


Our wedding reception meal with Mom and Dad Pride


5 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Anniversary to both of you! I hope the weather is better than it was a year ago...oh, wait...that was a year ago tomorrow!
    Enjoy celebrating your anniversary on BOTH days!
    We love you, Dad and Mom Pride

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful place to get married. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!!!! Doesn't time fly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, it was a relaxing day. Complete with homemade wheat calzones for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i loved your blog.and i have never met another family member (or non family for that matter)who wakes up disgustingly happy and singing. i use to wake the kids up jumping on their beds singing, THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE or something else way to bright and cheerful for them. even my son-in-law, drew, groans if i come over too early for he knows i will be up and atit. love you and hope you had a great day.rena

    ReplyDelete