Thursday, June 30, 2011

Things not to do on a holiday weekend

I have put off grocery shopping (holiday weekend/payday), getting my new school ID (almost all the offices were closed), going to the library (there was a summer book-a-thon going on) and registering my car (takes upwards of one week to do in Georgia.) All of these things should NOT be attempted without some sort of patience booster, or perhaps Valium, during a holiday weekend.
The ARMY has tomorrow through the 4th off for the Fourth of July weekend extravaganza happening on post. (Yes, we ARE going to it.) Therefore the commissary was simply riddled with people (and, me, being super procrastinator) getting all their weekend shopping done. I stood in line with my grocery cart full for 35 minutes waiting to check out. The line went from the checkout in a horseshoe shape around the entire store. What fun!
Anyway, I survived, and now I have my ID, got my library books, am waiting for my registry, and we have food for the weekend.
This was the line 15 min after I got into it. It goes up the store on the right hand side and turns left
I finally got to turn left, and the end was in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment