Friday, June 3, 2011

You get what you wish for

Well, this morning I sat here on the computer, going over other people's blogs. I thought to myself... it's June 3 and nothing exciting or post-worthy has happened. I wondered what my next blog would be about.

Then... Eric and I got into the car to go run some errands... and this happened:

The gear shift was stuck permanently in park. We looked up the problem, apparently there is a recall on the gear-shifts for Eric's car.

So, we called the recall company, then the tow truck to tow the car to the nearest dealership to get it fixed.

The tow truck came out really quickly, was super nice, and very friendly. Mind you... it is 100 degrees when all this is happening.

He had to use some special skids to get the car on the tow truck, since the car was stuck in park and would not allow the wheels to move without stripping something.

We followed the truck to the dealership, and there it sits until we pick it up, fixed, tomorrow. As it happens, it is not only the recalled part but another broken part too. (Of course) So it was a little more than we were expecting, but we get reimbursed for most of it from Chevrolet.

And, so I ask you, what did Alison learn today? Do not wonder what next exciting thing will happen - they will happen, more often than not, different then you planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment