Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hookey and Brunch



Well with every intention of getting up and going to church this morning, I woke up at eight and got myself going. I poured an ice-tea and checked email. My husband, who hasn't had a good night's sleep in a while because of vacation and travel and whatever else was ailing him, was sound asleep in the other room... snoring loud enough to make the cat want to spend time with me instead of curled up on our bed. I figured I'd let him sleep a while. When he was still asleep about the time that we would need to leave for church, I realized our plans were going to change for the day. So... taking a page out of my dad's cookbook, I made us brunch when he woke up. And, dad, honestly you have to try these little changes to your "omelet"...


1. mix a little bit of the cheese inside the eggs, and make with 1/2 milk and 1/2 water to get the souffle effect
2. saute mushrooms, garlic, and onions to put on top
3. sprinkle the end product with Parmesan cheese, the mushroom mixture and some chopped parsley

4...... and the piece de resistance.... drizzle a little white truffle oil over the completed product

After eating a bite, Eric exclaimed that he would pay "10-12 dollars for this meal!" LOL, he's a nut and I love him. Watch the truffle oil in your house though, if I let him Eric would drink the stuff, it's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment