Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Finner Hurts!

I'm pretty sure that if Eric hears that phrase anymore over the next couple days he'll wish his "finner" was hurting. Poor man has to put up with me.

While at work yesterday I encountered what is often to referred to in the retail world as a "rush"... I like to refer to it as "S#%^ hit the fan". I was in a super hurry while putting away the money in our drawer and got my pinky finger stuck.... this is not a drawer like in your kitchen, more like if you had a huge metal filing cabinet with a sticky drawer that did not want to open. well, I got it open, then my finger got stuck, then I couldn't get it out. I was able to pull it out finally when another manager came up to see what I was doing. At this point my finger was throbbing sooooo badly and I was holding it because of a fairly deep cut that was bleeding down my hand. She looks at me, and knowing that I often overact to make a point, figured I was just playing around. Little did she know I really wanted to invent new four letter words and punch something to take away the pain. Instead, she helps me out by saying "Awww, does wittle ewe need a WAAmbulance??" I turn to face her and say "No, but I could use a bandaid". LOL serves me right for always crying wolf, now I know to let people know right away if it is a real "hurt" or a fake one to make a point. :)

Hard to see well, but it's purple in the middle :(
The hole on the other side of the purple (BTW... NOT my table cloth, that is from work)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! that is too funny. Your poor finger!! What's wierd is that Aaron slammed his finger into the truck door on Tues, and the door locked!! So he had to reach with his right hand to his left pocket for the keys ... oooh, i hate slammed finger stories, and now I'm a little scared ... you know, things happening in 3s and all.

    Oh, and your "table cloth" is awesome. Think suburban Britain in the early 90s (: Love you!!!!! Hope you and Eric and your finger have a very safe flight. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh... I mispelled weird. hmmm...

    ReplyDelete