Tuesday, October 19, 2010

To Carve Or To Eat



These are the cute little punkins that I bought from my store yesterday. I didn't know if I wanted to cut into them with Eric or cut them up to roast. After a few mins I decided there were so many things I could make with fresh pumpkin, that I had to roast at least two of them. If only to get the scrumptious pepitas out of them so I could have a good for you roasted snack...

Well.... for those of you who know, Eric came down on new orders and we are moving to Georgia... I found that out while roasting the seeds, soooooo....
 Alas. These are the really "Europeanly Done" pepitas. If I had pulled them out ten mins earlier they would have been edible, but they were burnt. How sad.

I did however manage to save the roasted pumpkin and make some delicious iced cookies. Eric took some to work this morning and I took some to work today... They were a hit! (as free food often is)

My roasted pumpkin

Eric (badly in need of a hair cut) enjoys a warm pumpkin cookie!


No comments:

Post a Comment