Sunday, October 24, 2010

Pumpkin Carving... Small Scale

Sunday afternoon is my favorite time. Neither Eric nor I ever make plans for anything... it's our time to spend together and relax. This weekend I had those pumpkins that hadn't been carved yet, nor had they been sacrificed to the Great Pumpkin, so we decided to make quick work of them. Eric didn't carve the normal face, instead choosing to go with a picture of a witch. I, however, wanted to pay homage to my current "home" state... and made a pumpkin fitting a Kansasonian. Either way, it was a wonderful fun afternoon. I even roasted the pumpkin seeds.... and they turned out great!
He's losing his mind!!!!!

Eric starts in on his

What a diligent worker

Pumpkins is shore messy bidness!

I think I'll make a witch

Toothpick alternative

Finished products (Alison doesn't have any candles in her house right now)

A true Kansas pumpkin.... check out the teeth. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment