Monday, October 4, 2010

Only in the Mid-West

No picture goes with this post because the imagination is much better, especially if your imagination is anything like mine. Today I recieved a call from my manager at a large retailer here in Kansas...
Her: "Is this Alison?" (Frantic and out of breath)
Me: "Yes, this is me, what'cha need?" (Suspicious of what is coming next)
Her: "This is a bad time, isn't it?" (In retail in my town it's NEVER a good time)
Me: "No, just doing admin paperwork go ahead, what do you need me to do?" (Rolling my eyes at the ceiling)
Her: "Ummmmm, could you go outside in the parking lot.... and...."
Me: "Yes?" (Tapping my foot at this point)
Her: "Check to see if there is a horse trailer with no truck attached to it left there?"
Me: "Excuse me say what? A horse trailer?" (Both feet dropped to the floor)
Her: "Yes"
Me: "Um, ok I'll go look and call you back."

I venture outside to the parking lot, not sure what I will encounter. Our parking lot looks like it does every day, filled with trucks driven by rednecks who support everything from "Rifles for our Children" to "Love Corn, it Loves You." But, alas, there is no horse trailer.

Me: "Hey, so ya, no trailer."
Her: "Are you sure you looked?" (A little more frantic)
Me: "No, I had my eyes closed the whole time." (Dripping with sarcasm)
Her: "OK OK, shoot."
Me: "Did someone lose a whole horse trailer?"
Her: "Ya, it's something like that, crud gotta go." (Completely defeated)

The only thing I can surmise is that a band of horse trailer thieves are making their way accross the mid-west toward the west coast. Watch yourselves people, you might just fall victim of these feindous people!

1 comment:

  1. I love the "Love Corn, It Loves You" bumper sticker. Would that sell in WA?
    :)

    ReplyDelete