Sunday, October 3, 2010

Let's Try This Again.

I was going to name this blog... one hundred and one reasons not to take your wife on a fishing trip with you, but, this works just as good. Eric wanted to go fishing again this afternoon, and being a lazy Sunday afternoon in Kansas, it was perfect weather. We packed the radio, water, fishing poles and Eric's tackle box of death...see below... and headed off to the lake.
I felt so sorry for Eric, having brought me along, hence wanting to call this blog "101 reasons yada yada". I, being the most accident prone person on the face of the earth, started my fishing expedition off with a bang. Walking down to the lake I tripped on a rock and twisted my ankle. As soon as I reached the water's edge Eric had my fishing pole ready. Two casts later he was detangling my line. Four more casts later he was detangling my line. Two casts after that... I was detangling my line. Fooled you there didn't I. While fishing I discovered for the first time in my life bugs didn't like me. On my way to the car to get the bugspray (which, much to my chagrin wasn't there, but Clorox wipes work just as well in a pinch) I got tangled in the brush and cut my leg.
Ah, at least I am positive that my husband loves me. He was patient enough to help me get set up again and the rest of the day was relatively uneventful. We only caught one keeper, but I'm pretty sure his next fishing trip will be more relaxing for him.... I won't be there. :)

Not a keeper... but at least it's bigger than a sardine.
A gorgeous day on the lake. (and a pretty darn cute husband too!)
Rule #1 of fishing with me... THOU SHALT NOT MAKE FUN OF MINE OUTFIT

This is what happens to people who make fun of my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment